From: Ken Shaw (ken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-31 11:27:30

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Reference documentation: one approach

> "Ken Shaw" <ken_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
>
> > > Doxygen has always failed miserably at understanding template code
> > > I've generated of any complexity.
> > >

> > I've never encountered this problem. Could you send me some code that
you
> > think doxygen can't handle or point me to what type of construct you've
seen
> > this with?
>
> It's been quite a while, so, no I can't. I was running it on Boost
> sources, though.

After looking at the Boost sources and performing some doxygen test runs it
seems the only things doxygen isn't getting automatically is where heavy use
of the preprocessor occurs. Doxygen has a preprocessor that with some effort
can be made to handle this but it would require someone who knows more about
what is going on in these sources than I do.

As an aside doxygen has seen quite a bit of improvement in the last 2 years
or so. So if your experiences are not fairly recent you might wish to take a
look at the present version.

Ken Shaw