From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-01 03:04:26

Yikes!

It was not clear to me (until I looked at the implementation) that if
I erase type by passing a boost::function which I've wrapped around
the bind expression to the connect() function, I will utterly _lose_
_trackability_ of any objects bound into the function object!

The fact that boost::functionN<> appears in the public interface to
signalN<> makes it seem as though passing a function<> to the
connect() function is going to be OK. You definitely need a caveat
here!

P.S. I understand that making function<> trackable would bloat it.

--
                    David Abrahams