From: Gerhard Wesp (gwesp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-04 05:23:25
> I've never encountered this problem. Could you send me some code that you
> think doxygen can't handle or point me to what type of construct you've seen
> this with?
We're using doxygen on a commercial project. I too have encountered
massive problems. In particular, the issues are:
* It sometimes segfaults.
* Sometimes, errors or warnings are reported without file/line number
information (<unknown>:-1: Warning: ...).
* There are problems with namespace lookup (many unjustified
``no matching class member'' warnings.
* LaTeX seems to have problems compiling the generated source.
(``string pool overflow'')
Note that this can be fixed by ``enlarging'' LaTeX.
* Even if the LaTeX code compiles, there are still multiply defined
* Sometimes, the generated LaTeX *does not* compile (with rather
The problems were with version 1.2.17.
Personally, I prefer hand-written documentation in favour of
automatically generated docs. You get much cleaner and better
structured documents with basically the same, if not less, effort.
-- | voice: +43 (0)676 6253725 *** web: http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~gwesp | | Passts auf, seid's vuasichdig, und lossds eich nix gfoin! | -- Dr. Kurt Ostbahn
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk