From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-04 12:22:14

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:32:19 -0500, "Jeffrey C. Jacobs"
<darklord_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>"Gennaro Prota" <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> wrote
>>
>> cout << roman_rep (200) << ...; // constructs a temporary and output
>
>IMHO,
>
>cout << boost::roman << 200 << ...;
>
>would look better, e.g. Daryle's approach but with a stream manipulator to
>do that actual Locale adjustments. More perhaps later.

What does it buy? What does it cost? I think that approach just tries
to 'fit' it into a known framework (mainly for aesthetic reasons). To
achieve that goal you have quite a good amount of boilerplate code and
the disadvantage of having to restore the stream state somehow. What
are the pros?

Genny.