From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-05 21:22:13

At 07:56 PM 11/3/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> I have the sense that it would be possible to build a custom automatic
>> change log report for Boost that would serve at least some of our
>> needs. Any volunteers?
>
>I don't see how anyone can tell the difference between the trivial and
>nontrivial programmically.

It would be a lot of work, and the best that could be achieved might be to
thin down the volume.

An example: For HTML files, the number of characters that change between
releases could be used as a surrogate for weighting changes as "minor" or
"major". New HTML files added to a library would be weighted heavily.
Averaging weights for a given library can then be used to generate a
message describing docs changes for that library.

--Beman