From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-11-06 16:27:30

> A grep for BOOST_IS_ENUM doesn't turn up any hits other than the faulty
> Borland specific line in is_enum.hpp. Anyone know what's wrong here?

Hmmm... I don't have access to the current CVS right now, but looking at an
old copy of the sources:

BOOST_IS_ENUM (as well as BOOST_IS_CLASS, etc) are all macros intended to be
used to allow compiler support for those type traits. They should be
defined in <boost/type_traits/fwd.hpp> (they are in my older copy of the
source).

That's the history of it, anyway. FYI, BOOST_IS_ENUM has never had a
definition other than "false". So, if is_convertible is still broken for
Borland, and if we're not using the compiler extension macros anymore, I
guess we should just replace BOOST_IS_ENUM with 'false'.

        -Steve