From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-09 15:12:05

I don't understand property_maps. I think the documentation is written in a
sort of metaprogramming language which precludes its use by most
programmers, in a way that is different from the language in which one
usually understands the STL or most of the other Boost libraries as an end
user.

I would like to urge boost implementors to write their documentation first
in a language that is for end users to understand and only then have
advanced sections for other implementors to use. As an example of what I
think is excellent Boost documentation, I will point to Jaako Jarvi's tuple
and lambda docs. I am sure Mr. Siek is brilliant and knowledgable but his
docs on property_map leave me gasping for air. Perhaps the fault is mine.