From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-10 10:26:02

OK, here are some questions regarding the property map library;

1) What is a property map ? Is it a template class, a class, a template
function, a function ?
2) What does the word "property" mean in the context of the name ?
3) What is the difference between property map and std::map<> ?
4) How does one use a property map ?
5) How does one create a property map of one's own ?
6) What are the prototypes for the get(), put(), and operator[] functions,
and are these really global functions as the doc suggests or are they
functions in the boost namespace ?
7) What do the various categories actually do for property maps ?

I do not believe that any of these questions are answered clearly in the
property map documentation
although they are all basic points which should be explained to the end
user. I know there is a concept there of mapping keys to values but beyond
that the documentation seems abstruse at best and needlessly irritating at
worst.

Please Boosters <g>, think about explaining your ideas to the programming
world in ways that they understand and can use, rather than in
metaprogramming terminology which only a select few know. Good documentation
is as important, in its own way, as good code.