From: Bohdan (warever_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-11 10:18:44

<scleary_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> As John pointed out, you're not going to see much benefit (if any) when the
> standard library contains a pool allocator itself (as does STLport and
> glibc).

All boost::pool library is about allocation of small objects
of the same size. I'm just curious how malloc can be
accelerated if it handles different size allocations?
May be boost will also need something like that.
I understand that "char" can be treated as small object,
but i'm not sure if boost::fast_pool_allocator gives any acceleration
in this case.

regards,
bohdan