From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-11 14:13:49

Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:29:25 -0500, David Abrahams
> <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>RTFM if you're interested.
>
> I had to look on the net for the meaning of "RTFM". After finding it
> at http://piology.org/yabla.txt, well I can't do anything but thanking
> you and congratulating on your finesse.

Well, it's usually taken much more-lightly among friends and
colleagues as "Read the Fine Manual"
(http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/acronym?rtfm) , since it's too useful a
saying to have it always carry such offensive overtones. So, I never
intended the meaning listed there, but I guess I should be
more-careful with people who aren't likely to know the acronym
already.

--
                       David Abrahams