From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-15 13:52:05

On Saturday 02 February 2002 09:38 pm, Ihsan Ali Al Darhi wrote:
> Why don't you produce this explanation of how you will document Boost
> library using XML and other stuffs in a single documentation?

The input is a DocBook XML document with extended syntax that allows
specification of C++ reference document. The extended syntax is similar to
that of the DocBook elements for C or Java reference documentation, but
suitable for C++ in all its, err, glory.

This DocBook XML + C++ XML document is fed through an XSLT stylesheet that
formats the C++XML into normal DocBook XML. From there we can create
distributed documentation in the normal DocBook way (I'm using the XSLT
stylesheets for HTML, FO->PDF, and man page output).

The discussion of this started here, and somewhere in the pile is a full
diagram showing how everything could work, starting with documentation
extractors like Doxygen and Synopsis and ending with a number of end-user
documentation formats:
  http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg38047.php

        Doug