From: Alberto Barbati (abarbati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-15 17:28:47

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I believe I have found the an acceptable resolution to the "registration" cunundrum.

(note: I consider this "registration" topic is a different issue from my
  registry class proposal. This one relates to "identification" of user
classes, while mine is just an issue of factorizing responsibilities
among library classes)

I agree that this solution of the "identification" issue is quite right
and would be very beneficial to the overall usefulness of the library.
Bravo to Robert and Vladimir.

> I conjure up something like (pseudo code):
>
> register_cross_program_class_identifier<class T>(const char *id="T")

The perfect place for this function could be as a method of my registry
class, don't you think? ;)

Alberto Barbati