From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-17 13:37:49

On Sunday 17 November 2002 11:45 am, Daryle Walker wrote:
> You have poisoned (in)equality operators, because of your safe_bool
> type. Are you using a data pointer type, like "void *" that the
> IOStreams use for their safe-Boolean type? If so, you should switch to
> an even more useless type. I used member-pointers for my modulo class
> template (in the Sandbox).

I'm already using member function pointers.

> Here, I used a safe_bool type that was based on the particular version
> of the class template, preventing cross-version comparisons. I have a
> valid (in)equality operators; if you don't want that either, then
> provide declarations for those operators as member functions, but make
> them private.

Cross-version comparisons were only a problem due to some unnecessary
factoring into a non-template base class. Member functions are feasible, but
I strongly dislike binary operators as member functions when they can be
global (different conversion rules).

        Doug