From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-17 15:28:38
* The default constructor and reset() will not throw; default-constructed
shared_ptr (and weak_ptr) instances will have an unspecified use_count().
* shared_*_cast will be renamed to sp_*_cast.
* use_count_is_zero will be renamed to bad_weak_ptr.
* operator< will no longer compare pointer values. Two shared_ptr's will be
equivalent WRT operator< (i.e. !(p < q) && !(q < p)) when they share
* boost::counted_base will go back to detail::, and the intrusive option
will be removed. A new class template boost::enable_shared_from_this<> will
provide shared_from_this() methods to classes that derive from it. [*]
* shared_ptr_test.cpp will now have much better coverage.
-- Peter Dimov http://www.pdimov.com [*] I've successfully converted my projects to use the new feature.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk