From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-17 16:37:07

> "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > * shared_*_cast will be renamed to sp_*_cast.
>
> Why? Without rationale, this seems like a gratuitous change,
> especailly since "sp" doesn't mean much to me.

Agreed. "sp" is so wonderfully expressive. Actually, I was going to voice a
complaint of that, but the ideal would overload dynamic_cast, but since it
is a language keyword, that can't happen. So I can kind of see sp_ as a
work-around for that. Alternatively, it could be named boost_dynamic_cast
and put in the global namespace, where it can be overloaded as needed by
boost.