From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-18 06:33:03

> If you need an apriori guarentee that this is extensible to XML
> in order to vote for the library then your decision is easy. I don't

I wasn't asking for this, I was asking for clarification. From the
tone of your previous mail it seemed like you had some insight about
the details of the design that made using XML a problem. From your
latest response it seems to be a lack of knowledge about XML...

> believe anyone can give such a guarentee for this case. Of course,
> if someone does manage to do this - great. But until someone
> does, you should vote against it.

No. Again, based on my review of the design, I don't see an
issue with using XML. It would really just be adding a
different flavor of text archive -- just much more complex.

Jeff