From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-18 10:15:13

"Kevin S. Van Horn" <Kevin.VanHorn_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Since the issue of licenses has come up again, I'd like to ask a question
> about the license requirements. The third listed item is,
>
> "Must require that the license appear on all copies of the software
> source code."
>
> Is this a misprint? Should "must" be "may"? As it stands, this implies
> that Boost library submissions will be rejected if they are simply placed
> into the public domain, wholly unrestricted. I can't think of any good
> reason for such a policy.

I confess that I was surprised to see this when I looked over the
requirements recently. I don't know what the history of this
requirement is, though it appears from "cvs annotate" that this file
was written by Beman in July 2000 and that this particular line hasn't
changed since then.

--
                       David Abrahams