From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-18 11:01:01

I feel the lawyers are making a mountain of a molehill here and that we should
take the opportunity to get some free legal advice from Jaap's company by
asking them to say just what is wrong with the current plain statement on all
(well almost all - but it could easily become all?)
Boost source code.

The answer from one potential Boost library author

> 1. If we come up with a core Boost license which complies with the
> current Boost guidelines, would you be willing to consider using it
> in order to enhance Boost's usability?
Yes.

> 2. Are there any special requirements you have that would be have to
> be satisfied by a core Boost license in order for you to subscribe
> to it?
No.

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]