From: Kevin S. Van Horn (Kevin.VanHorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-18 16:21:09

Terje Slettebo writes:

> I guess that's the reason for requiring a license (including
> telling that it's public domain) to be present in the sources, as they
> are otherwise protected by copyright.

But the current license requirements do not allow me to just place in my
code a notice that the code is public domain. It states that the license
"must require that the license appear on all copies of the software source
code." That is to say, the license must forbid users from making copies
of the software source code unless they keep the license attached. A
license that forbids nothing (public domain) is not allowed.