From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-19 08:47:09

Hi Herve,

--On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 1:21 AM -0500 Herve Bronnimann
<hbr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Just because I posted something about a new iterator adaptor, and I
> happened to take a look at the boost sandbox, that David was referring
> me to, I'd like to ask: is what is in the sandbox intended to replace or
> to complement the current <boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp>?

Yes, it is intended to replace the current iterator_adaptors.hpp.

> The reason I am asking is that a brief reading failed to point out how
> what's in the sandbox provides reverse_iterator_adaptor<Iterator>, and
> all the existing ones. So am I correct in assuming that the code in the
> sandbox is intended to replace some/all the machinery (first 700 lines
> or so) of the current <boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp>? that it's internal
> to the implementation of the adaptors? and that we'll be able to use in
> the future the iterator adaptors unchanged in syntax and semantic?

No, the sandbox stuff is just incomplete and very much under construction.
And it will have a different public interface from the old version.

Thomas, have you checked your new version in yet?

Cheers,
Jeremy