From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-20 13:32:13

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 06:35, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> > P.S.: Why aren't there any regression tests for mpl?
>
> There are, they just not included into the batch. Probably they should be;
> there are some issues, mainly with the number of tests (currently ~60 and
> more to come) - simply putting those into results table would render it
> rather useless, IMO, and the corresponding increase in compile times might
> also be a problem (for the tests runners). In any case, I almost never
> checking in anything before the regressions passed.

Some have mentioned multiple times that the regression-test batch should not
take too long to compile. I don't share this opinion. The more tests, the
better and as long as the tests can be compiled in less then one night I
don't see a problem. For the status pages we (should) just have a cronjob
that starts in the evening.

As for reporting it's more difficult. Although Beman probably saw this one
coming and thus provided functionality to make a status page that only
reports the failed tests (as reported seperatly for windows 2K and vacpp)

toon