From: Chris Parsons (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-22 10:16:17

From: Alisdair Meredith
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>
> > In majority of the cases when user is comparing two
> character pointers he
> > need namely "string comparison". Requiring to cast both
> sides to std::string
> > is a big burden IMO. So I would choose solution 2.
>
> Could we not go with option three and a ne macro,
> BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL_STRING?
> With a bit of effort, you might even allow comparison of disparate
> string types (he says, pushing in a feature request!)

IMHO, implementing a new macro would set a precedent for creating other
equality macros for other types, which could get bloated quickly.

I'd go with option 3 and std::string creation if you really want a string
comparison. That forces the user to explicitly state which comparison they
would like without cluttering up the test library.

-Chris

PS: first post - hi all