From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-23 07:17:44

> I built the library individually with the following line :
>
> bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc-stlport" "-sSTLPORT_ROOT=..."
>
> everything seems to compile properly but when I use the following from a
.so
> :
>
> boost::regex exp("std");
>
> I get the following error from dlopen:
>
> ld.so.1: output/Text2RvMsg_tester: fatal: relocation error: file
> output/Text2RvMsg.so: symbol

__Q25boostt14reg_expression3ZcZQ25boostt12regex_traits1ZcZQ24_STLt9allocator
1ZcPCcUiRCQ24_STLt9allocator1Zc:
> referenced symbol not found
>
> does anyone know how to get around this? There are similar symbols within
> the debug.so that I am trying to use however they are usually a
> regex_traits1ZcZt24 or something similar.
>
> I have tried to search for this but can't find a match for it, is it some
> gcc compilation error?

No idea we could use some input from a gcc expert to tell us what that
symbol means, just an idea here, but can you not link against the .a lib
file - apart from anything else your final code size will be much smaller
(including the size of the lib that is).

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm