From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-23 11:35:04

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 10:57:17AM -0500, Eric Woodruff wrote:
> It is ridiculous that I can't give access to an inaccessible class. You have
> to have access to be able to give it? What is the justification for this?

The reason for making things private is to say "this is an
implementation detail and I don't want anyone else to depend on its
existence." If A were later to remove its internal class, compilation of
B would fail.

The "correct" way of doing this I suppose is to make both classes friends
of eachother. But best of all would be to not use friends at all.

--
Mattias Flodin <flodin_at_[hidden]>  -  http://www.cs.umu.se/~flodin/
Room NADV 102