From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-23 15:28:27

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks. As regards times, we should definitely be using the time_duration
> from boost date_time!

Yes, but we'll need to do something with the core. If you just used
posix_time::time_duration out of the box it is a bit of a heavy
dependency for the need.

> Would you have any code references for the usage scenarios that you added ?

No, just some scenarios I thought of -- we would have to write code.
Unfortunately, all the 'example' code I have ever written in this
area is buried in closed source applications...

The other thing is that I expect most of the server examples to
be pretty simplistic b/c you usually don't write much in the
way of a 'real' server until you have sophisticated dispatching
of I/O across multiple sockets or multiple threads. All this
is way out of scope for the basic socket class. Of course,
given Boost.Threads and Boost.Function you are a long way
there...

Jeff