From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-24 03:56:55

Hi John,

I have looked into your code. It's pretty interesting, however as I see the current
situation in Boost development, your lib ranges over 3 differnt topics which are handled
by 3 different libraries.

(i) Unification of the interface for various sequence types, including char* variants
    is being developed as a part of new container_algo interface by Thorten Ottosen and
         Jeremy Siek.

(ii) I'm working on string_algo library which deal mainly with alorithms and does not
        impose a specific requirement over string. Now it work almost with any sequence and
   when container_algo lib will be finished it would work almost with anything.

(iii) Substring class. This is the latest addition proposed by Alexei.

All these topic have common intersetcion and should be designed and implemented in the
way they can work and benefit from each other. However I think it is a good idea to leave
them separate, because each of them can be useful even without the rest.

Regards,

Pavol