From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-24 17:51:50

[2002-11-24] David Abrahams wrote:

>"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Can we add -Wno-non-virtual-dtor to g++ tests? The ability of shared_ptr
>> support nonvirtual destructors is an essential feature, and the tests do
>> exercize it.
>
>Can't you just add
>
> <gcc><*><cxxflags>-Wno-non-virtual-dtor
>
>To the requirements for that test? Why don't you try it and see how it
>works out?

I would also encourage Peter to do it that way.

>[I actually wonder if we shouldn't add that flag to the GCC
>toolset. That seems like a nuisance warning for Boost code]

I would not like that. I usually want that warning so my developers don't
forget to use virtual in the dtors. Ideally it would be a Boost only
addition, but BBv1 doesn't support per project settings :-( BBv2 to the
rescue ;-)

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]