From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-25 07:02:22

Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
> That seems reasonable, since due to the great differences between the
> blocking and multiplexing models, the interface would be very
> different. For example, a streambuf interface would not be very usuable
> in a non-blocking multiplexing model, and furthermore using C++

I don't agree that streams and streambufs are not useable with
non-blocking I/O. ACE provides stream classes that can do can be
used with a blocking or non-blocking model. Also see prior
discussion on this list from March 2001...

It starts here,
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1146641

But really starts getting into this here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1146745

Jeff