From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-25 14:25:01

A question about BOOST_COMPILER_VERSION:

as far as I can see from the release 1.29 files, that macro is only
defined for VC++ and Metrowerks C++. That's acceptable for me because,
I suppose, they are the only compilers where the "end user" version
number is not immediately obvious from the value of the corresponding
predefined macro (_MSC_VER = 1200 -> 6.0, not 1.2 etc.). But I'm a
little surprised that BOOST_COMPILER_VERSION uses floating point
constants, because that in fact prevents its use in preprocessing
directives. Is it really the intent that the macro is used, e.g., for
stringize only and not for #if tests and the like?

Genny.