From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-26 04:44:58

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:57:21 -0500, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>At 02:25 PM 11/25/2002, Gennaro Prota wrote:
>
> >A question about BOOST_COMPILER_VERSION:
> >[snip]
> >Is it really the intent that the macro is used, e.g., for
> >stringize only and not for #if tests and the like?
>
>Yes. AFAIK, it was just intended for that purpose. It really should be
>#undef'ed after the stringize use.

Thank you. In fact this is in accordance with the fact that the macro
is not documented. There's still an inconsistency in that for the
other compilers the version number in the BOOST_COMPILER string
appears without the decimal point, but that doesn't seem a crime to me
:-) Thanks again.

Genny.