From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-30 19:33:46

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Thanks, Jeff!
>>
>> Not to look a gift Wikimaster in the mouth, but would it be possible
>> to do something like:
>>
>> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost_Documentation_Format/Tasks
>

>> where each license link is listed separately, a sign-up item is
>> available, and possibly with a sub-page for each license's summary?
>
> I pulled the list of licenses off the opensource.org page and
> set it up so that one can just click the license name to add a
> sub-page.

Thanks!

> I'll let you add some detailed expectations on the
> process once you have done a couple :-)

I would be happy to.

> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost_License

It would help to have a link to the actual license text in some
obvious place, either next to the entry on the main page, or on the
subpage.

> I'm curious, isn't there a whole set of GPL derived licenses we can
> just ignore since we already have discussed at length why these
> aren't suitable?

Probably. Someone has to explicitly rule them out though. It shouldn't
take long, if the license boldly violates one of the terms of the
Boost license requirements.

> I'm just thinking we should focus our time on BSD-like licenses
> since they are more likely to be compatible...

The whole point of this process is to help us define what we should
focus our time on.

--
                       David Abrahams