From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-04 08:07:01

Samuel Krempp <krempp_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Is it still planned to release a 1.29.1 shortly ?

That's uncertain. It sounds like a good idea, but I for one am very
busy. If a library author with real motivation to get some fixes out
steps up to the plate and volunteers to be release manager for 1.29.1,
that could make it a lot easier to say "definitely".

> Should fixes be commited in the RC_1_29_0 branch for this aim, or is
> this branch supposed to be left aside definitely ?

What Python does is to establish a maintenance branch for all major
releases at the same time that the release is tagged. Thus, releases
2.2.1 and 2.2.2 were developed on the release22-maint branch. That is
further branched for each actual release, so there are branches
labelled r221c1, r221c2, r221, r222b1, and r222.

I think we should follow a similar procedure. Any changes intended to
be rolled into 1.29.1 would be checked into a new branch called A
release-1_29-maint, which is created at the Version_1_29_0 tag.

--
                       David Abrahams