From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-04 09:54:45

The Scons Wiki was recently vandalized. This is just a reminder about
our exposed assets. If you have open-source resources which ought to
be backed up, this might be a good time...

attached mail follows:

> Sorry to here that, the wiki had some very useful pages on it. One
> possible solution if no one has an archive is to use google's cached
> pages feature. For example searching for "scons aegis" gives
> <http://www.google.ie/search?q=cache:IERqV8103rgC:www.scons.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NewToAegis+scons+aegis&hl=en&ie=UTF-8>.
>
> I know its a cumbersome way but it might work. Does sourceforge have backups?

Chad Austin reported that somebody vandalized a whole bunch of
SourceForge sites in this way, not just SCons. I forwarded Terrel the
information Chad supplied, so he should be able to recover things as of
two weeks ago.

I'm going to look into a regular mirroring/backup strategy (for
everything, not just the Wiki) to guard against this in the future.

        --SK