From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-06 12:04:09

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>>my_type is not a metafunction so maybe it just
>>can't be used conveniently with mpl.
>
> Not now. However, I constantly keep finding more and more use cases to be
> inclined to provide a built-in library support for this particular
> metafunction's form - in particular, so that one could do exactly what
> you've tried to:
>
> typedef my_type<int, mpl::_1, mpl::_2> my_type_generator;
>
> pass it to an algorithm, and it will work as expected.

Yes, I've run into this need several times over the last couple of
weeks. I've always defined custom generators for each of these
types.

>>and it might be useful as a library component.
>
> Thanks for the feedback! I would expect the feature to appear in the CVS
> somewhere on the weekend.

Hey, that's great! Thanks for considering my suggestion.

                              -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson