From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-09 01:07:51

Hi, everybody

I started to work with Boost.Test issues and feature requests. Today I
committed first post-release revision. Here cumulative list of changes:
* Facility for automatic registration of unit tests is introduced
   It was requested during original Boost.Test review and now it supports
automatic
   registration for free function based test cases. Here an example:
   #include <boost/test/auto_unit_test.hpp>

   BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST( test1 )
   {
       BOOST_CHECK( true );
   }

   BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST( test2 )
   {
       BOOST_CHECK( true );
   }
* libraries file names changed to:
   boost_prg_exec_monitor
   boost_test_exec_monitor
   boost_unit_test_framework
* Added building dynamic libraries into Jamfile
   Unfortunately it does not work as expected on windows platform. I would
greatly appreciate any input. See:
* Catch system errors switch introduced
   This will work among the lines described in:
   http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg40028.php
   Unfortunately nobody replied, so I presume that everybody agree. Anyway I
will be
   expecting user responses on how well this is working
   Environment variable name: BOOST_TEST_CATCH_SYSTEM_ERRORS[="no"]
   UTF cla: --catch_system_errors[="no"]
* MS C runtime debug hooks introduced
   It allows me to catch _ASSERT bases assertion for MSVC
* switched to csignal and csetjmp in execution_monitor.cpp
* SIGABRT catch added
* I switched to use typedef c_string literal instead of char const* and to
c_string literal() instead of NULL. Eliminated NULLs all over the place.
   Different definition of NULL symbol causing small problems for some
compilers
* class wrapstrstream separated in standalone file and renamed to
wrap_stringstream
    For now it will be located in test/detail. Once I prepare doc page for
it I will present it
    for adding into utility
* unit_test_result_saver introduced to properly managed
reset_current_test_set calls in case of exceptions
* switch back to use scoped_ptr instead of raw test_suite pointer in
unit_test_main.cpp
* BOOST_CPP_MAIN_CONFIRMATION renamed to BOOST_PRG_MAN_CONFIRM and changed
it's logic a bit. It now should have value "no" to turn off pass
confirmation
* added tests for auto unit test facility and catching assert statements
* Jamfile added info examples directory
* Added example input for the unit_test_example5
* Other minor code/doc fixes

Let me know if you have any problems.

Gennadiy.