From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-09 17:03:43

"Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> First, the regression tests are broken; the message is:
>>
>> unknown dependent target
>> <libs!test!build>libboost_prg_exec_monitor.lib
>
> 1. I do not get it. boost_prg_exec_monitor is the new name of the library.
> bjam could not find it?

I think he mis-copied. Mine said something like:

     unknown dependent target <libs!test!build>libprg_exec_monitor.lib

> 2. Where did you get these errors?

Umm, from running "bjam test" in the status directory. Where else do
boost regression test results come from?

> 3. I though that in most cases minimal testing is used. So majority of boost
> regression tests should ignore library rename. And only couple of libraries
> that does use external library will need to change the name in
> Jamfile.

Why don't you just do a grep through the boost sources for your old
library names? It seems as though, if you're going to change the
library names, it should be easy enough to fix up all the Jamfiles to
work with the new ones.

--
                       David Abrahams