From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 03:46:44

Virgilio, Vincent wrote:
> Has anybody successfully compiled Aleksey Gurtovoy's state
> machine generator with gcc 3.2 over Boost 1.29 (which includes the mpl)?

The version in the CVS (libs/mpl/example/fsm) compiles succesfully on Intel
C++ 6.0/7.0, GCC 3.2/2.95.3, and VC 7.1.

[from a follow-up]
> This went faster than I expected, and from a most unexpected source of
> support.
>
> I added 'using boost::mpl::_' at file scope just before the
> below mentioned template, STT_row_impl; the compile succeeded.

Oh, good!

> Should this have been necessary?

Yes. At some point the unnamed placeholder ('_') was automatically brought
into a global file scope via anonymous namespace, but that proved to be
prone to conflicts (in particular, with boost::python library), so I had to
turn it off.

Aleksey