From: Anthony Williams (anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 07:46:39

Fernando Cacciola writes:

> [...]

empty() is analogous to containers.

Given empty(), I see no need for peek() _and_ get_value() --- if you can get a
reference to the value, you can get its address, if necessary.

I prefer the member interface to the non-member interface, in this instance.

You might like to use the techniques from my StrongStorage class (see the
boost files section on yahoo) to ensure integrity in the face of exceptions
--- StrongStorage actually provides a very minimal implementation of
optional<>.

In any case, I say ACCEPT the library.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.