From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 10:45:54

What is the motivation for having discussion regarding serialization and/or persistence
take place on a separate list? Is it inherently different in some way than
other boost projects? Has it consumed more "space" than say shared_ptr ?
Is is so disjoint from other boost topics? Is the discussion some how
different than other boost discussions?. Are other topics candidates for a
separate list? Would this "other list" be searchable with the WWW interface?

I concede that I can't follow every detail of the mailing lists. I really only
place close attention to those topics that I already have a personal interest
in and/or "catch my eye" for some reason. But I can't see that the
serialization discussion was so much different than others that
take place on the list.

Rather than commenting on the details of your review - which would
only repeat points previously made by myself and others - I would note that
it re-enforces my skeptism that a consensus can be achieved on an implementable
set of features.

Robert Ramey