From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 16:49:34

Roland Richter wrote:

>> Does this mean a view is mutable? For example, using Boost.View,
>> can I write a bounded<std::list> that automatically drops the
>> last element on push_front if size() is at some upper limit value
>> before adding the new element? This is the sort of thing I
>
> No. A view is not mutable; sometimes the underlying data is.
> Methods for inserting and removing elements, however, are typically
> *not* part of a view's interface.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I'll see about cleaning up what I have
and posting it for comment. If others have ideas please don't
hesitate to contribute -- I unfortunately don't have a lot of time
to devote to this right now. :(

                            -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson