From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-12 17:16:39

"Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I am already doing this in mycode. But it only hides the problem. Metrowerks
> has the header <crtdbg.h> similar to MSVC one. If you will take a look into
> this header you see that C runtime debug hooks (_CRT_ERROR is part if this
> API) are gets defined if _DEBUG is defined. I think that it is natural to
> assume that debug hooks should be defined in debug mode. So I still believe
> that some compiler option is missing and that needs to be fixed.

OK, thanks for bearing with me Gennadiy. I fixed it for
cwpro8-tools.jam. metrowerks-tools.jam (pro7) would require more work
to figure out the right runtime libs to select to go along with a
-D_DEBUG on the command-line. I'm not too worried about that at the
moment, since it's an old toolset, but it's a soluble problem.

--
                       David Abrahams