From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-13 01:11:34

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Mensonides" <pmenso57_at_[hidden]>

> > > I'm not sure what you mean here. You mean overloading
> > > "BOOST_WORKAROUND" to cause an error (or warning) if you use
> > > "BOOST_CURRENT_VERSION"? That's no problem at all.
> >
> > I mean that
> >
> > #if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__SUNPRO_CC, BOOST_CURRENT_VERSION(0x530))

> ...depending on some flag like "BOOST_DETECT_OUTDATED_WORKAROUNDS." If
that
> is what you want, the syntax has to be slightly different.

Sorry, not enough sleep! The syntax doesn't *have* to be different,
something like BOOST_CURRENT_VERSION(0x530) could easily transform it into
whatever is wanted. So, yes, you could do it exactly like that. In fact,
you can make these two equivalent:

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__SUNPRO_CC, BOOST_CURRENT_VERSION(0x530))

-and-

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__SUNPRO_CC, (BOOST_CURRENT_VERSION) 0x530)

If this is what you want, it is, by all means, implementable.

Paul Mensonides