From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-16 06:56:12

Beman Dawes wrote:
> A large number of changes to the Filesystem Library have been committed
> to the CVS main trunk.

Hi Beman,

In a couple of hours I changed all our codes that depend on
boost::filesystem. Although I did not perform a through review, I had
no problem using the library. I found the changes to be easily done,
the documentation to be well written (at least as far as my
applications are concerned) and am glad that I can now "complete" a
path in a platform-independent way. While doing so one missing function
came to my mind (or did I just overlook it). It came to my mind that
some time in the future I might want to create a relative path, given a
"complete" path and a "complete" reference directory. Is there such a
"make_relative" function? Would it be hard to add? Note that I do not
ned it at this time and there is thus no hurry. I am mostly curious if
others might have similar needs, and how hard it would be to add it?

Best regards,

Matthias