From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-16 12:42:19

> I think that we also need to consider the problem of translating a
> filesystem_error to a localized error message.

In particular, consider this example of a what() string:

File system error: move_file(): nonexistent, something_else: The system
cannot find the file specified.

generated by

    boost::filesystem::rename("nonexistent", "something_else");

There is no way to localize it, as it (a) contains non-localizable dynamic
path names embedded within the message, and (b) the "The system..." part
obtained from FormatMessage may already have been localized by the OS.

There is an unreachable return in path::is_complete, BTW. :-)