From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-17 21:17:14

craigp_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Finally, is there anyone interested in working on a
> reflection framework?

I've been recently drafting some interfaces for purely compile-time
reflection framework. It will clearly need a compiler support to implement;
the current plan is to prototype it in GCC. It's an on-and-off project,
though :).

> Does anyone have other ideas on approaching this problem? Any
> comments at all?

Well, come to think about it, I am not sure if any information one wants to
get from a reflection framework _requires_ a run-time interface. You might
want to have some convenience wrappers, e.g. for conventional run-time
iteration, but basically that seems to be it.

Aleksey