From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-19 14:35:00

On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:25 pm, Steven Ketcham wrote:
> boost_1_29_0\boost\function\function_template.hpp(73): error C2061: syntax
> error : identifier 'any_pointer'
>
> boost_1_29_0\boost\function\function_template.hpp(79):
> see reference to class template instantiation
> 'boost::detail::function::function_invoker0<FunctionPtr,R>' being compiled
>
> Hopefully this is obvious. Any suggestions?

That's a really strange error, because it appears that
"boost::detail::function::any_pointer" (defined in
boost/function/function_base.hpp) never actually got defined. Have you tried
re-extracting the Boost archive just in case something got mangled? (Note: I
can't check your sample code at the moment, but you're using almost precisely
the same configuration that I test on, and this problem has never come up).

        Doug