From: Vorpal Swordsman (vorpalswordsman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-03 13:44:07

from previous thread RE: [boost] lexical_cast "Future directions"
RE: [boost] lexical_cast "Future directions"

> > A proposition has been made to fix this and other things
> > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/lexical_cast_proposition/),

I was quite interested in this proposition, as I wanted to use lexical_cast
with wide characters.
I'm using MSVC 6.0.

When running the supplied test suite, the following line is reported as
failing:
  test<wchar_t,int>::do_test(L' ',123,__LINE__,true);

output:
Test - Failed (line 378) (Should have thrown exception)
Source type = int (123)
Destination type = unsigned short (49)

The result is the first digit of the supplied int.

I did not see this mentioned in the file's comments, nor could I find
mention of it in the list archives, so I thought you should know.

The above problem? does not seem to affect lexical_casts to
std::basic_string<wchar_t>

Cheers,
Vorp