From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-08 07:06:06

> I've tried to compile something which uses std::wstring on GCC 3.2
(MinGW),
> but I get the following error at link-time:
>
> undefined reference to `std::basic_string<wchar_t,
> std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_string()'
>
> Using std::string works fine. Doesn't GCC 3.2 support wide character
> strings? BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING isn't set for it. Is there any other way,
> using Boost.Config, that I can detect this?

If you're getting a linker error then it sounds like a build problem in the
libstdc++ libs, you might want to try a mingw32 mailing list for this one,
and let us have the definitive answer, before we start modifying
boost.config.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm