From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 13:31:28

> From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
> From: "William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]>
> > > From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > > I think that a reasonable requirement that we already mentioned several
> > > times is that the ID should be CopyConstructible, Assignable and
> > > LessThanComparable, for use in sets/maps.
> >
> > Should it truly be LessThanComparable, or should it follow the design of
> > std::type_info with a before() method?
>
> Something that meets the requirements stated above can be used in
>
> std::map<K, V>

You can do the same with std::type_info by supplying a template parameter other than the default std::less<>. I understand this need, and I understand how simple it is when you truly are LessThanComparable (and lean that direction myself). I just want to make sure that someone isn't going to argue that we should have followed the type_info design, since there's no true ordering for this type.

William E. Kempf
wekempf_at_[hidden]