From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 13:58:58

> From: "Stefano Delli Ponti" <stefano.delliponti_at_[hidden]>

> I would dare to suggest that the "basic" thread class, if the thread concept
> is supported, had _all_ of its methods available and implemented (or dummy)
> for _all_ the platforms (!).
> I would be inclined to have an "advanced" attribute like the one to make a
> mutex visible across process boundaries available only on an "advanced"
> class like process_mutex. The "basic" mutex, if the concept is supported,
> could have the same signatures for all the platforms.

*All* of the proposed boost::thread::attribute values are optional. There are (at least in theory) platforms that don't support every single feature here. And the stack size/address are the only features that can probably always be ignored at run time. The rest can be make it or break it features at compile time.

William E. Kempf
wekempf_at_[hidden]